I don’t have any pictures of the chicken from tonight (we ate it too fast!) But the barbeque sauce was pretty good, even if I do say so!
Really, all the proportions I’m giving you are guesstimates. We didn’t have any BBQ sauce in the house, and I needed something to marinate dinner in. Feel free to add/subtract ingredients and quantities as you like!
In A Pinch BBQ Sauce/Marinade
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/8 c +/- 1 T honey (I love Savannah Bee Company – we used the Grillin Honey for this)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 t steak sauce
- 1 t worcheshire sauce
- 2 t whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 t season salt
- 2 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 1/8 t cumin
- pinch nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. I just used a fork. You could use a whisk or a blender (esp if you wanted to substitute fresh onion/garlic.)
- Pour over chicken or pork and marinate for a few hours. The honey really helps to caramelize the chicken on the grill.
- As always, feel free to add or subtract ingredients to your taste. This could, if you like spicy food, handle some hot sauce quite well, with the honey/sweetness in it.
I hope you enjoy it! If you try it, let me know how it came out!