Today we went out and looked at a couple more houses. One was tempting, the other was nice but needed new appliances and HVAC, and was just too much extra cost.
Being an adult is hard. We needed dessert tonight.
With all of this, and with the tempting house requiring an instant decision (HUD house, which we didn’t know, and the bids have to be in tomorrow), we used a lot of brain power. In the end, it was just too fast for us to say yes to, and that was kind of sad too.
Once we got back, discussed, made dinner, ate, and collapsed, I didn’t want to cook anything from scratch. Luckily, I had a box mix in the cabinent.
This is really easy, and the cake comes out really moist. It doesn’t even need frosting.
I took the cake mix, mixed in 2 eggs, 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup regular milk, and 1/3 cup of half oil, half melted butter (mainly because I only had a little oil) and mixed well with a whisk. I will admit it takes a bit more elbow grease than usual because of the condensed milk, but its okay.
This is where I also dumped in around a cup’s worth of leftover chocolate chips. Just because I could.
I greased the bundt pan I got for Christmas, preheated the oven to 350°F because I forgot to do it before I started mixing, and then baked the cake 40 minutes.
I let it cool in the pan about 10 minutes before flipping it out onto my cake stand. Sprinkle with a little confectioner’s sugar, and instant dessert!
Doctored Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c melted butter/oil
- 1 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 c chocolate chips (opt)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your bundt pan (or whatever pan you’re using. Follow the mix directions for times if you use another pan.)
- Pour the mix into a large bowl. Add all ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.