I’ve had a hankering for crab (which is really weird for me) so I took some of the money I earned off my cupcake adventure this weekend and bought some lump crab meat. I’m super picky about seafood, and I really only eat crab with butter if its really fresh. This was frozen, so instead, I made this crab dip.
Being me, I couldn’t just follow a recipe, so I looked at several and then winged my own. Considering how the husband and the BFF attacked it, I guess it wasn’t too bad. Hence the photo of a half eaten dip bowl! I also toasted up some cut up tortillas that were going stale, and we had instant dinner…er…dip!
Hot Crab Dip
- 8 oz lump crab meat, shredded (I just break it up with my fingers, which also helps you check for shell bits)
- 1/2 c mayo
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 1/4 c mozzerella
- 1/2 tsp tabasco (or other hot sauce)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 c panko
- S&P to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Break up the crab meat and check for shells. Place in a bowl to the side.
- Beat cream cheese until light and whipped in a bowl with a mixer. Add the mayo and other seasonings (except panko) and beat until smooth and combined.
- Stir in crab meat with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Place in an oven proof dish and cover top with panko. Spray lightly with cooking spray to help browning.
- Cook 10-12 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Eat with crackers, chips, or sliced bread.